This is a past event. Enquire to purchase the content and materials on demand.
Major reforms to the Additional Learning Needs (ALN) system are ongoing across Wales with implementation underway until 2024.
Estyn’s recently published Annual Report (2021-2022) shows there has been steady progress towards implementing ALN reforms, but there is still work to be done. Key areas for improvement include the understanding and delivery of reforms across education settings as a whole and Welsh medium provision*.
Senedd Insight’s Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Reform Wales Digital Conference will be a timely opportunity to discuss priorities for the implementation of reforms and share insights from best practice education settings across Wales.
What does an effective rights-based approach look like? How can leaders involve pupils and parents in the planning and provision of support? Join us to strengthen your approach to ALN provision and embed key principles from the new system into practice.
Learn how to develop and deliver effective Individual Development Plans (IDPs). Understand how to support your staff through reforms and ensure there is a consistent approach across your setting. From early years to post-16 provision, we will examine the role of effective collaboration and multi-agency working.
Attend this one-day online conference to hear what is needed to make ALN reforms a success and improve provision in your setting.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from and network with colleagues from across Wales and put your questions to best practice settings and leading voices from across the sector.
* The Chief Inspector’s Annual Report 2021-2022, Estyn
- Latest updates on the priorities for implementing ALN reforms
- Understand your legal responsibilities: ensuring a rights-based approach and adhering to reforms
- Best practice in assessing, maintaining and reviewing IDPs
- Effectively involving pupils and parents in the planning and provision of support
- Improving Welsh language ALN provision
- Ensuring setting-wide understanding of reforms: impact, roles and responsibilities
- Creating inclusive learning environments
Brochure can be provided in Welsh. Cysylltwch am y llyfryn Cymraeg – email firstname.lastname@example.org