Contact us for the Welsh event brochure. Cysylltwch am y llyfryn Cymraeg firstname.lastname@example.org
Following on from the 2019 Disability Action Plan and 2022 Learning Disability Strategic Action Plan, the Welsh Government has made clear their commitment to ensuring disabled people fulfil their potential in Welsh society. This established a mandate for services and employers to set disability inclusion as a priority.
Action on disability inclusion falls in line with the ‘Social Model of Disability’: that environmental, organisational, and attitudinal barriers prevent disabled people from full participation in society – not their medical conditions or impairments. This is especially true for employability and the workplace.
With disabled people 30% less likely to be in employment, now is the time to rethink your people and inclusion strategies. Never has there been a better time for employers to work in partnership with disabled people’s organisations and include talented staff with disabilities within their workforce.
- Delivering the Welsh Government’s action plan on disability and learning disabilities
- Role of employers in shrinking the disability employment gap
- Empowering neurodivergence and individuals with learning disabilities into meaningful work
- Attracting, recruiting, and effectively onboarding talented candidates with disabilities
- Driving career progression for talented disabled staff
- Creating strong cultures of inclusion where disabled staff have a sense of belonging
- Employers working in partnership with advocacy and disabled people’s organisations
- Delivering effective workplace adjustments so staff with disabilities can be their best
- Leveraging flexible working to support disability inclusion in the workplace
- Considering disability inclusion within broader people and wellbeing strategies
- Mitigating the intersectional challenges disabled staff experience at work
- Learnings from a wide range of cross sector case studies on disability inclusion at work
Venue Details and Access
The Conference will take place at a fully accessible venue in central Cardiff. Attend this full-day event in person to network, build relationships and learn from your peers.
This event is wheelchair accessible and a hearing loop will be available. Please let us know about your access requirements one week before the event.