It is estimated that 1 in 7 people are neurodivergent, more than 15% of the UK workforce. Neurodiversity can include autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), dyslexia, dyspraxia and Tourette syndrome. Now, more than ever it is important for employers, managers and educators to consider how they can create a culture of inclusion and belonging in which everyone can thrive.
Attend this informative one-day in-person conference to hear from organisations and projects across Wales that are leading the way in integrating and harnessing the potential of neurodivergent employees and creating neuroinclusive workplaces.
We will be hearing about inclusive recruitment, retention and progression with Neurodiversity in mind from Disability Wales, Reframe Neurodiversity and Pathways respectively, so be sure to attend.
Workplace culture is a big feature of our conference and you will hear from Stiwdio 37, Morgan LaRoche Solicitors, and AP Cymru each talk about different aspects of ensuring that you are fostering a workplace that conducive to the success of neurodivergent staff.
Bringing together colleagues from private sector employers, education, health, local government, and the third sector. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to share learning and network with colleagues working to embrace neurodiversity.
Sessions will include
- What is neurodiversity and why does it matter? Changing the narrative to focus on talents and strengths
- Case studies from Welsh employers: how to support and develop a neurodiverse workforce
- Enabling employers to recruit, develop and retain neurodivergent colleagues
- Employment law and neurodiversity
- Increasing public understanding of neurodiversity – overcoming stereotypes and tackling stigma
Benefits of attending
- Hear the latest updates on national initiatives championing neurodiversity in Wales
- Find out how to unlock neurodiverse talent in your organisation
- Gain a better understanding of workplace barriers for neurodivergent people and how to overcome them
- Understand how the Equality Act 2010 applies and examples of reasonable adjustments for neurodivergent employees
- Take away practical tips on how to embed neuroinclusive practices and policies
- CPD certified event (gain 6 hours towards your Continuing Professional Development)
Venue details and access
This Conference will take place at Cardiff Marriot Hotel – Mill Ln, Cardiff CF10 1EZ. Join us, in-person, to meet your colleagues, share ideas and network with expert speakers.